Tuesday, May 18, 2004

from SitG

The handover to a sovereign Iraqi government with a constitution and elections is proceeding apace. People there are generally glad we came, but would prefer that we leave now so they can run their own country thankyouverymuch.


prove this assertion...

There are people who are happy we did what we did. Especially the kurds, although they were pretty leary of us coming in to begin with since (a) we let them down the first time and (b)things were okay pre invasion and didn't want things to change. But I think your assertion that MOST is inaccurate.

Truth be told Jeff I think you're projecting your own beliefs on to these people. Your news sources seem biased.

So all in all things are going according to plan.


Oh really?

DONALD RUMSFELD: I don't know that we've got time here to run through all of the things that one would have wished were different. But, obviously, we did a great deal of planning for things that did not go wrong. They may not have gone wrong because of the planning and because of the work that was done in anticipation. Conversely, if someone had said, "Would you, a year ago, have expected you would be where you are at the present time?" Obviously one would not have said that -- one would not have described where we are. And is it possible to have described it? I don't know. Maybe someone could have.

SPOKESMAN: I want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Are you conceding that you didn't anticipate that the level of violence that's going on in Iraq now, the level of the insurgency, the fact that you're taking more casualties now than you were a year ago when you were still in major combat, are you conceding that you didn't anticipate that?

DONALD RUMSFELD: I am saying that if you had said to me a year ago, "describe the situation you'll be in today one year later," I don't know many people who would have described it. I would not have described it the way it happens to be today.


"I guess if you asked me a year ago, I would have expected that the word 'occupation' and the negative aspects of that would not have been assigned to us to the extent it has been," Rumsfeld said.


Damn PBS that liberal commie news source for reporting exactly what Rummy said....

wake up already

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home